It's no secret that I love me some Apple White. I've said a few times now that I feel in many ways she's quite possibly the perfect doll. She has the poseability of an MH doll, but her clean faceup, curly blond hair, and creamy complexion mean she's not so heavily themed that she's limited in what she can wear. She looks "normal", albeit in a very beautiful way. To illustrate this I came up with a plan to shoot Apple in three different MH outfits, all vastly different from one another. She looks great in all three outfits, not "off-theme" or anything the way some MH dolls look when you try to put them in another character's outfits. The thing is, Apple is so photogenic that once I put her in the first outfit and started snapping pics, I couldn't stop until my camera battery up and died. I always get so wrapped up in photographing her because she's so damn photogenic. I love taking pics of her! Sorry if that sounds creepy or something, but it's the truth. I genuinely adore Apple's signature doll. Later this year I'll be compiling my Top Ten 2013 MH dolls, and let me tell you right now, no fronting, I like signature Apple better than any of them. Does that mean I like EAH more than MH? No. I simply like this particular doll better than any 2013 MH doll. And even then it really doesn't have anything to do with the character of Apple White (though I do love her, as well), it just comes down to the appreciation I feel for this doll. She's the best playline doll of 2013 that I've personally come across -- and I come across a lot of dolls! Anyway, enough of me rambling! Here's Apple White in Scaris Frankie's chic, 40's-inspired outfit. I'm sure I'll get around to snapping her in the other two outfits eventually. Enjoy!



















I can't wait to see her in the other 2 outfits you want to try on her. Great job, as usual. I admire your dedication and ideas. In this photoshoot, Apple reminds me of funny actress Jane Krakowski (You know, ex-Elaine on Ally McBeal).
ReplyDeleteDude, I LOVE Jane!!! My favorite character on 30 Rock! She's sooo funny, love her. And I can totally see the resemblance now that you mention it. Of course, I've always thought Jane was really pretty so there ya go ;) Thank you for the compliments. I come up with a lot of ideas, they just don't always pan out lol
DeleteVery funny comedian! For me, she's right up there with Betty White, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick. ( and the beloved Bea Arthur and Rue McClanahan).
DeleteBy the way, Raven reminds me of Amy Lee the singer from Evanescence, lol!
Anyway, very keen eye for finding new outfits for the dolls. ;-)
Oh man, Bea -- it was tough losing her. What a brilliant, and brilliantly funny, woman. Loved Rue as well. You can't leave out Estelle, though! Did you ever see Mannequin, 1987 flick with Andrew McCarthy (one of my childhood crushes!) and Kim Cattrall? GREAT movie and Estelle was fantastic in it.
DeleteI've heard others say that about Raven as well, and I can see it. I was never into Amy Lee or that band but she was pretty. But the doll is even prettier!
Very pretty doll, Raven sure is. (Ok... weird... do I sound like Yoda or what? Lol!)
DeleteDon't worry, I adore Estelle too. Playing Sly Stallone's mom...lol! And Sophia and her crazy stories... As a matter of fact, "The Golden Girls" remains one of my favorite show and I often get teary-eyed watching it because only Betty (bless her heart) still remains with us. True fact: I sobbed like a heartbroken kid when Estelle, Bea and Rue died. I'm such a cry-baby.
Omg Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot! Tbh I don't think I ever actually saw that, but my hometown's lone video store had the poster for it up for like 5 years. That picture is burned in my memory. I need to watch it. I'm actually not the biggest fan of sitcoms, but Golden Girls is the big exception. It never gets old, it's like eternal or something lol. It's one of the few I could happily marathon for hours on end. When Betty passes I may have to make a special trip to Canada to console you. ;)
DeleteHe he ;-)
DeleteI would like that very much.... but you might receive a lot of hugs and kisses. Espcially if I'm a in a cuddly mood.... or else! ;-)
That just made my night, Tristan! I already felt bad for taking so long to respond -- now I feel extra bad. So sorry about that. :(
DeleteOh sweetie, don't ever feel bad for taking a long time to respond. With work, computer problems, and all other and varied possible issues and stress factors, it's only normal not to be able to log on everyday. We're only human (unfortunately... he he ) and sometimes, we either can't respond quickly or we just don't feel in the right mood to do so. I understand and I'm always there for you, when you need to. Keep that in mind and in your heart. xxx
DeleteDude, you gotta stop being so cool! Except don't! Lol! Seriously, thank you for being so understanding.
DeleteNo problem, handsome. When I befriend someone, it's usually for life and always have my friends' back, no matter what. ;-)
DeleteYou didn't have to tell me that -- you're a Scorpio, I already knew it! ;)
DeleteCould you please tell me how you got you Apple's hair so amazing?! Mine is terrible in comparison...bald spots and definitely not perfect curls!
ReplyDeleteHi Helena! Honestly I just gently combed it out with a wide-toothed comb. I've had several other people say the same thing about this Apple's hair. I think it might've been luck of the draw that I got a good one. It all balances out anyway -- I got a good Apple White but my signature Briar has two completely different-sized eyes. Like, one is gigantic and the other one is tiny. :-/
DeleteOops, forgot -- I actually rinsed her hair with warm water first, then gently combed it. Just wanted to clear that up in case you try it on your doll!
DeleteThank you, it's just that I'm scared to try anything with my dolls, well I mean I've done things like brush their hair and stuff but never wash their hair. It's not like I have the money to replace one if I mess up big time. I got a Twyla recently but her hair out of box was bad plus I brushed it and her hair was still terrible. I boil washed her hair twice but it's still bad....I probably did it wrong though. Any tips? Her hair is dry and frizzy. How do you boil wash your dolls hair, and if their hair is soft, does it remain soft afterwards? I'm thinking of boil washing Classroom Frankie's hair to make it straight and Swim Club Frankie's ponytail to remove the crimp, among others!
DeleteTry a solution of very hot water (but not boiled) mixed with tissue softener. Myself, I put ¾ of tissue softener with ¼ of water. I mix the 2 liquids carefully and then, I soak the doll's hair for about 5 minutes, carefully comb it, rince all the softener out under cold water, gently comb it again and let it dry for 12 hours.
DeleteI'm iffy sometimes too on doing too much with my dolls in regards to even mild mods. A lot of people use certain conditioners after boil washing a dolls hair to get it softer and give it some moisture if it's dry. But I've only done that once, on a Blythe doll, and it actually made her hair worse :( So I'd be careful and do some research on what kind of conditioners are best to use if you decide to go that route.
DeleteWhen I boil wash I dip the hair in the water for only 30 seconds or so. When it dries if it's still a bit curly or holding a crimp I do it again and keep it in a little longer. The dolls I've boil washed generally will stay soft for a few months, but often it starts to dry out a little and needs to be done again. Hope that helps, Helena! Good luck with the Swim Frankie crimp -- those can be tough to remove, but it can be done! :)
Just saw Tristan's comment -- yes, try that! :)
DeleteLate responding, but thanks everyone! I don't know exactly what tissue softener is, but I'm sure I'll find it at a store! I haven't messed with any of my dolls hair yet, but I do plan on doing it! Someday
DeleteWow! She looks incredibly beautiful in that bright, electric blue! I can't wait to see what other outfits you put her in!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping the EAH dolls come to New Zealand very soon!
Thanks Listie :D The other two outfits are some real doozies too, so watch out! Coming soon! Maybe! Hehe
DeleteHope they reach you soon too. I feel like I know your tastes pretty well and I can't imagine Apple not blowing your mind when you get her!
I've found that boil perms work the best if you pour the water over the head and then comb through it. If it just sits In the boiling water the hair may get frizzy at the ends. It usually never frizzes with the pour method.
ReplyDelete