I was talking to a friend earlier today and he asked me when I was going to post the Integrity Roxy review. The only response I had was "I don't know. Hopefully soon!" The fact of the matter is this is my first Integrity doll and, put simply, I'm beyond impressed with her. When I review Roxy I want to do her justice. And I'm just not sure yet how I'm going to approach it. The other thing is, I'm still getting a feel for how Roxy photographs. Every doll line is different, every doll photographs differently. This being my first Integrity doll, I'm still trying things out on her. I want to capture as best I can all the little details that make Roxy so special. Today I photo'd her in the kitchen, breaking the cardinal doll photography sin of using a flash. It was an experiment. But I thought I'd share the pics here. After all, that's why I started The Sequel -- to post whatever I pleased. No rules! Anything goes! Anyway, here's more of Miss Pelligrini...
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Random Access Roxy (RAR)
I was talking to a friend earlier today and he asked me when I was going to post the Integrity Roxy review. The only response I had was "I don't know. Hopefully soon!" The fact of the matter is this is my first Integrity doll and, put simply, I'm beyond impressed with her. When I review Roxy I want to do her justice. And I'm just not sure yet how I'm going to approach it. The other thing is, I'm still getting a feel for how Roxy photographs. Every doll line is different, every doll photographs differently. This being my first Integrity doll, I'm still trying things out on her. I want to capture as best I can all the little details that make Roxy so special. Today I photo'd her in the kitchen, breaking the cardinal doll photography sin of using a flash. It was an experiment. But I thought I'd share the pics here. After all, that's why I started The Sequel -- to post whatever I pleased. No rules! Anything goes! Anyway, here's more of Miss Pelligrini...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












Man, the quality of this Roxy looks bangin! Indeed, it is a cardinal sin of photography to use a flash, but in this case, it looks good and appropriate to me. After all, she is a rock star from the 80s, so bright light brings out the shine in her hair and on her accessories. I'm interested in seeing her shoes in detail; from what I've seen so far, their construction looks much different than playline doll shoes.
ReplyDeleteThanks Eric! I'm still playing around with how to photo her. It's kinda hard to take a bad picture of her lol. The shoes are very different from playline shoes; they have actual stitching and the sole is a separate piece that works a lot like a real sole would.
Delete