Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cruel Summer

Last night I made a really cool discovery: Roxy can wear Barbie clothes! Well, for the most part. Some of the pieces fit a little oddly, but not so much that they can't be adjusted. This got me wondering what other doll clothes she could wear. Monster High is obviously out. But she wore my vintage Tuesday Taylor disco outfit well. Vintage Francie pieces work, too. Ditto vintage Jem. I haven't tried her in Pullip yet -- I have a feeling that'll be a no-go. As for shoes, most of the MH ones seem to work! So I threw together a summery outfit for Roxy to wear today and headed outdoors for some photos. She's wearing a Barbie top and jacket (they're actually one piece), vintage Francie denim shorts with blue and white belt, ILF Frankie's knee socks and sandals, and Roxy's own bracelets and earrings. She carries a couple of different MH purses -- mostly DDG Spectra's (I like how Roxy can actually hold it, and the chains match her jewelry), but in a few shots she grabbed Scaris Ghoulia's small travel case (again, she holds it well, and it matches the outfit). I'm not entirely sure the knee socks work for Roxy, but they at least match the outfit. All in all I'm pretty pleased with this look for our favorite white-haired rock vixen. It shows a completely different side to her personality, I feel. Take a look...















I hope I don't burn you guys out on Roxy before I even get my review written. I just can't seem to stop taking pictures of her! Review is coming soon, though -- I promise!


2 comments:

  1. Roxy looks very ravishing in red!
    She looks like she's getting ready to drive a flash car or something.
    I faved a couple of pics on Flickr. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I really like her in it too. Between the cut of the jacket, the short-shorts, and the knee socks, there's something very early 70's about this look imo. For an 80's girl, Roxy does the 70's well!

      Delete