Monday, May 27, 2013

Let's get unconscious, honey...

Jeez, what's John up to this time?

I got off work from a sixteen hour shift at 6 a.m. this morning. Separately, my mother and my niece & her fiance are moving. One move is hectic, two is insane. There's also the fact that my niece's wedding is less than a month away, so my family is kinda going nuts with stress from that. And then there's work. As always, busy, busy, busy! And in the middle of it all I try to have a personal life, plus run the blogs. I was nearly at the end of my rope. But there's relief in sight! Not only is today Memorial Day, it's also the first day of my week-long vacation! These first few days will be spent here at home, taking care of a few home improvement projects. And later this week it's off to Holiday World with two of my very best friends to ride roller coasters! (At nearly three hundred ridden, coasters are yet another hobby of mine.) That shortening rope I was reaching the end of has suddenly sprouted a few more feet, and I don't think I'll be reaching the end of it at all! Hooray! Over the next week, in addition to completing those small home projects and riding roller coasters, I plan to go a little wild! It's my week and I've earned it! As you may have guessed I'm feeling a bit feisty already, and have been bumping some jams and dancing 'round the house like nobody's business! Care to join me?


    I'm A Sinner - Album Version - MDNA (2012)


Like the sun, like the light, like a flame
Like a storm, I burn through everything
Like a bomb in the night
Like a train thundering through hills, let it rain

I'm a sinner, I like it that way
I'm a sinner, I like it that way

All the boys, all the boys and girls
 wanna be like us tonight
All the boys, all the boys and girls
 ride the magic bus tonight

I'm a sinner, I'm a sinner, I'm a sinner
I like it that way

Like the moon with no light of my own
Search the sky for a place to call home
I woke up with my hand in the fire
Get my kicks when I'm walking the wire

I'm a sinner, I like it that way

All the boys, all the boys and girls
 wanna be like us tonight
All the boys, all the boys and girls
 ride the magic bus tonight

I'm a sinner, I'm a sinner, I'm a sinner
I like it that way
Praise the Lord and I like it that way

Hail Mary, full of grace
Get down on your knees and pray
Jesus Christ, hanging on the cross
Died for our sins, it's such a loss
Saint Christopher, find my way
I'll be coming home one day
Saint Sebastian, don't you cry
Let those poison arrows fly

Saint Anthony, lost and found
Thomas Aquinas, stand your ground
All the saints and Holy men
Catch me before I sin again

I'm a sinner, I'm a sinner, I'm a sinner
I like it that way

You're a sinner, you're a sinner, you're a sinner
You like it that way

We're all sinners, we're all sinners, we're all sinners...

    Justify My Love - MDNA Tour 2012 Video Interlude

Justify my love
I'm not afraid of who you are
We can fly
C'mon baby... you can fuck with me

Pleasures...
Dreams...
Naked...
Fears...

You put this in me
So now what?
So now what?

Wanting...
Waiting...
For you to justify my love
Hoping...
Praying...

Kiss me
That's right, kiss me

Wanting...
Needing...
Waiting...
For you to justify my love
I'm open
Ready
For you to justify my love

Wanting...
Waiting...
Praying...
To justify my love

Love me
That's right, love me

    Bedtime Story - Re-Invention Tour 2004 Video Interlude

Today is the last day that I'm using words
They've gone out, lost their meaning
Don't function anymore

I'm leaving logic and reason
 to the arms of unconsciousness
Leaving logic and reason
 to the arms of unconsciousness

I'm travelling, leaving logic and reason
I'm gonna relax in the arms of unconsciousness

And inside we're all still wet
How can I explain how I feel?

Let's get unconscious, honey
Let's get unconscious
Let's get unconscious, honey
Let's get unconscious

I'll never explain again...


Have a great week, y'all!


7 comments:

  1. *weeps* I'm going to miss you like crazy!
    Hope you have fun. :)

    Bon voyage & au revoir!
    *waves*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Felicity! I'll miss you guys too! But I'll be back before we know it! :)

      Delete
    2. :)
      BTW, I sent you a couple of messages on MHD.

      Delete
    3. Just hit you back up on MHD!

      Delete
    4. ;D Thanks!
      I sent you a reply.

      Delete
  2. I hope your vacation goes reeaaalllly slow, John! I mean that in a good way. :) I bet it feels like such a welcome relief after working so many hours; I know how that can feel. You are gonna have so much fun at Holiday World. I LOVE amusement parks and the thrill and excitement of experiencing all of the rides! And of course, the rollercoasters are always the best. I just had to watch that Justify My Love MDNA Tour backdrop for the umpteenth time... one of my fave interpretations of that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks Eric! Yes, it feels so good to get some time away from work! And in a few days -- coaster time! Do you have any favorite coasters or parks? Of the many video interludes M's done over the years the new JML is quite possibly my favorite! I agree about this version of the song -- it's a great reinvention, so dark and twisted, but still sexy. Love it!

      Delete