Tuesday, November 19, 2013

15 hundred scales




"Back when Jinafire Long and Skelita Calaveras were introduced via last year's Scaris: City of Frights themed line, many -- including myself -- wondered if we would ever see these characters in doll form again. And beyond that, we wondered if/when new dolls came, would they be basics or themed dolls? Although the Scaris dolls did feel strongly tied to that line, they also seemed kind of basic-y, you know? As we now know, Skelita has returned in the form of an Art Class doll. And even more excitingly, Jinafire is back too -- and she is indeed a new signature/basic doll!"







Coming soon...

10 comments:

  1. lovely diary cover ^^ haha I laugh with the "my god john how many teasers does one review need?" tag ; P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that cover is quite lovely; so pretty and perfectly fitting for Jina. I started to feel like I was edging frighteningly close to overkill with the teasers lol. But the review is on the way -- just gotta take some more pics!

      Delete
  2. jina is beautiful and im excited to see skelita in person... with all the new lines there is so much to look forward too :) i wondered if you seen that EAH is showing there first tv special soon, i think during thanksgiving, it is i guess centered around legacy day... its funny with EAH i like apple and ashlynn/hunter as characters in the show but to tell the truth in doll form briar is emerging as the best in my opinion i liked her signature doll and then her legacy day doll was the best of the three and now looking at the official promo pics for the getting fairest line briar is a front runner there too, so i think in EAH dolls briar has become my favorite as far as continuing doll characters go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard that about the EAH special. But I've been seriously out of the loop the past week in regards to dolls, EAH or otherwise. Hope the special's still on tap for a debut this week.

      Both Jina and Skelita are absolutely stunning in their new versions. I'd consider both must-haves for us MH fanatics! As for Briar, although her basic doll isn't my fave by a long shot, her LD doll is one of my absolute faves of the entire line so far. And GF Briar is just plain sexy. Yeah, I said it. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey handsome!!
    Have you about the new line coming up? It's called "Freaky Fusion". Not much details are known right now but it looks like some of the ghouls are being mixed together to create some weird new hybrids. The trademarks have officially been registered:

    1. Clawvenus (Clawdeen/Venus)
    2. Cleolei (Cleo/Toralei)
    3. Dracubecca (Draculaura/Robecca)
    4. Lagoonafire (Lagoona/Jinafire)

    Sounds interesting, intriguing, creative and original, eh?
    I'd like to see the following hybrids: Abberetta (Abbey/Operetta), Spectroney (Spectra/Honey), Rochankie (Rochelle/Frankie) and Catthoulia (Catty/Ghoulia).

    Plus, we're also getting 4 new ghouls: Sirena Von Boo, Avea Trotter, Neighthan Rot
    and Bonita Femur. I assume the first one is a ghost or possible a mermaid/ghost hybrid. The 4th one is obviously similar to Skelita. The biggest mystery is Avea and Neighthan. On the forums, people think Avea is a bird hybrid and that Neighthan is a horse hybrid, like a centaur/zombie.

    What do you think about all of this? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, not sure how I feel about this line. I think I'd have to see the actual dolls before I decide. It's an interesting idea, but I think it will all depend on execution, you know? In any case, no I hadn't heard about it -- will have to do some investigating! Thanks for the heads up, Tristan!

      Delete
    2. I'm intrigued by this new line (especially Lagoonafire) but I need to some pics and the faster, the better. I'm also really curious about this Sirena Von Boo... if she's a new ghost.... oh boy! I know a certain gossip who will be very agitated ;-)

      Btw, do you know when Honey, Elissabat and the others will reach you?

      Delete
    3. Forgot to ask you something.... Have you the new official pics for Jane Boolittle? She looks much better than I though she would. Very pretty. Not sure if I'll get her but she's a beauty. Also, I hope you can see her debut in the webisodes. She's so cute, talking with the pets, like Hissette, Count Fabulous, Crescent, Watzit, Sir Hoot-A-Lot, Perseus and Neptuna. But alas, Rhuen, was nowhere to be seen.

      Delete
    4. Oh man, Spectra would be pissed! But I doubt she should worry -- it's pretty much impossible for another ghost to match her beauty. And considering lately Mattel has been making all the new MH characters really sweet (too sweet if you ask me), I doubt she'd have the charisma of Spectra.

      It's tough to say when the new stars will reach this area. Typically new MH dolls hit my city within about 3 weeks or so after first being spotted, but so far they haven't appeared here.

      Delete
    5. Oh, and I've seen a few pictures of Jane around on Tumblr. I agree -- very beautiful! I like that she's not connected to a themed line like all the other new character dolls over the past year have been. I guess they're planning integrating her into the core MH group? Should be interesting. Too bad about Rhuen. Has he ever been seen in any webisodes or specials? He's a cute pet, perfect for Spectra.

      Delete