Lagoona's face consists of dramatic dark reds and shimmering pink. Stunning.
Her usually aqua or blue streaks are full-on teal this time around. And the streaks are very thick. Aside from the very front, the entire right side of her head is basically all teal. The texture is pretty dry and prone to bushiness, which I imagine is gonna turn a lot of people off, but I kinda like it! It's bushy but also very big and malleable. It holds a lot of styles, which is always fun.
This is a very dramatic Lagoona. In my review of her DT doll I mentioned how sensual, rather than sweet, her faceup is. With the Black Carpet doll, I think it's safe to say sweet Lagoona has left the building for good. Here she's sultry, fierce, commanding. I love, love, love it!
I Love Shoes Cleo was a big step in the right direction after the disasters that were her Oasis and Classroom dolls. With Black Carpet, she's completely back to normal, one hundred percent.
I know this pic is crap, but bear with me. Look at her eyes. These are Cleo's correct eyes. They're not round, they're not horizontally squatty, they're long and almond shaped. Thank you, Mattel.
Anyway, about the rest of the doll. Pure win. Best since Scaris. The print of the dress is beautiful. The details of her shoes, belt, and purse are exquisite. Her headpiece, for which you can't see the highly detailed sides of in this pic, gives me life.
One last thing: contrary to what I said back when we first saw those low quality pics and the dvd box art featuring these dolls, these are not purely Art Deco. They're actually an interesting mash-up of Art Deco and Art Nouveau. Everyone seems to be running with the Art Deco thing, which is incorrect. If anything, these dolls actually land considerably further on the Nouveau side of things. So can you guys please spread the word? Now that I've seen these dolls in person I'm kind of annoyed that others who have also seen them in person are calling them Art Deco. I know it's kinda silly, it's just one of my "things", I guess. (Don't judge, we all have "things"!)






Oh this Cleo is heavenly!
ReplyDeleteAgreed! When Mattel isn't screwing around with her eyes she's pretty much a guaranteed slam dunk, imo.
DeleteFor
Deletesure! Though the round eyes have their charm sometimes. They beloong
really well on 13 wishes Frankie after I plucked all the glitter out of
her hair.
I don't mind the rounder eyes on Frankie too much, as long as they're not so round she looks literally insane! Lol! I usually hate tinsel in the dolls' hair, but didn't mind it too much on that Frankie. That said, I bet she really does look a lot better without it.
DeleteOMG!!
ReplyDeleteLagoona looks awesome! Too bad her hair is bushy/mushy but I don't care. The teal color looks wonderful on her, just like I knew it would. She's a true abeauty. Can't wait to get her. And I'm glad this photoshoot, although short and quick,, seriously demonstrates your love and loyalty for Cleo. That's one of the thing I love most about you. The way you manage to convey your feelings in the pictures you take. I'm not a fan of Cleo but she looks fanta-bulous! A true queen! Very happy you got them both.
Is Operetta available too?
Thanks Tristan :) Lagoona's hair really is whack-a-doodle, and yet it somehow works!
DeleteNo Operetta yet, sadly. She's a Walmart exclusive here and they usually take forever to get their exclusives, at least my local one does, so it may be a while before she arrives.
Oh my, Lagoona's hair is a total winner! Love her! Cleo looks amazing aswell!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, Lagoona's hair is dry and prone to bushiness, yet that somehow works in her favor. To me, anyway lol! It's sooo fun to just play around with!
Delete