The happy couple.
My, Hunter, what big... shoes you have!
Isn't he just the handsomest thing ever?
Just my opinion but Hunter > any MH male doll. Hunter is the best male doll I own, period.
Oh, Ashlynn. What a beauty you are. I'm transfixed.
One of her best attributes, in my opinion, is her pure green eyes. Not aqua, not olive, just pure, beautiful green.
Best EAH purse yet, in my opinion. And check out those lovely "glass" slippers. Sigh.
Although it looks a bit ratty here (I had just de-boxed her), Ashlynn's hair is actually ridiculously soft and supple.
I love the way the aqua netting of her sleeves is binded into three portions and flares.
Her dress is astounding -- so much detail, highlighted by all those beautiful, rich colors.
What a lovely faceup. Love those plump lips.
Ashlynn and Hunter, I applaud you. You're both wonderful dolls. Good job, Mattel!












You & Ashlynn have something in common...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful green eyes. :D
I will love you forever if you post another picture showing off your gorgeous eyes. 0;-)
Eh hem. You're so lucky to have all the new EAH dolls! I jelly! I just can't wait for them to come to NZ. *waits patiently and weeps*
Aw thanks Felicity :)
DeleteI'm guessing now that EAH dolls are being spotted in stores other than Justice that it won't be too terribly long before they hit your part of the world. Exciting! You have much to look forward to! They're such wonderful dolls.
I bumped your thread for you on the MHD forum (It was on page 7). Haven't seen you around there for a while. You're welcome. :)
DeleteThat's really cool of you, Listie. Thanks :D
DeleteI so totally agree with you on Hunter! From the moment I have seen good quality pictures of him last week, I just found myself in love with him! Best male doll I know of, and when I get him, he'll be the best male doll in my collection too! Seriously, if all other male EAH dolls are even half as good as he is, I'll soon have a second collection next to MH XD
ReplyDeleteAnd not to forget Ashlynn of course! To me, she is the best female EAH doll so far! I like the others but there is something about their faces that is just not to my taste, but Ashlynn, wow! Is her mold different from the others? Or is it really nothing more then working magic with a different face up?
Have you seen the pictures of Cerise, btw? Love it! If she's just as good as those pictures irl, I will most definetely get her! O gosh, I can see myself turning into an EAH collector over time after all! XD
Hunter is a total fox (hehe pun ;) ), I mean he's like *really* hawt! And his outfit is so detailed yet un-fussy. I hate when doll outfits are overly fussy and a pain to put on and take off. Last night on Tumblr I ranked all 9 EAH dolls and Hunter came in 5. That puts him above half of the female dolls. Coming from me that is a very big deal! lol
DeleteAshlynn is my second favorite after signature Apple. You have a good eye, Mighoula -- Ashlynn's facemold has been modded and is different from the other females. I boil washed her hair last night (putting it in a thick but tight braid to keep it from straightening), and she looks even better now! What a gorgeous doll. :D
Yes, I saw Cerise's pics and I'm blown away. Her face is so interesting, it has a sort of haughty, glacial fierceness to it. And of course her outfit is the sh*t -- so, so cool. I hope the manufactured really is as good as the prototype, if only because I want you join me in being a rabid fanatic! lol ;)
Haha, I wish my husband would think that way XD
DeleteWhen I told him I am in love with Hunter's doll he's reaction was 'Oh that's nice. But I hope your not thinking about starting another doll collection, you already have MH'. I told him I would get an EAH doll here and there if they really appeal to me, but I'm starting to worry that may not be that easy. The first four dolls didn't appeal to me enough to buy, but I will get this giftset for Hunter and I was innitialy planning to sell of Ashlynn, but she turned out better then I imagined so she'll probably stay in my collection aswell. Now Apple is becoming more and more tempting, and I'm already planning on getting Cerise for sure... And that's basically how my MH collection began at first too, haha!
oooh, I'd love to see the pictures from the end result on Ashlynn's hair! And can you give me a link to your Tumblr? Back when you posted you are on Tumblr now I signed up, but I forgot to bookmark yours (or click follow) and now I can't find the link on here anymore :S I'd love to see your ranking of EAH! Btw, what EAH characters do you look forward to most to get a doll? I'm really looking forward seeing Lizzie and Sparrow, especially Sparrow now that Hunter turned out so great XD
With every word I read I see you caving more and more, Mighoula! Uh-oh! ;) Wait 'til you see Ashlynn in person... lordy mercy, what a beautiful doll! Hunter is my current doll crush lol. Here's my Tumblr: http://voicething-john.tumblr.com/
DeleteI'm most looking forward to Blondie atm, and then I'd say Lizzie, and even though it's a long shot at this point, my dream doll would be Bo Peep!
Bo Peep is very well designed, too detailed to be a random backgrounder! After MH Mattel must realize hoe much love a fandom can have for backgrounders, and with EAH I think many of them are already intended to be full out characters and dolls at some point, maybe faster even then with MH.
DeleteAlso, the fact that Ashlynn and (from the looks of it) Cerise both have a new facemold makes me wonder if from this point on we can expect unique facemolds for every character, or just have a few different dolls sharing one. Maybe that's why Ashlynn was released later then the first four dolls? Either way, I can't wait too see what they come up with next XD
My love for Bo Peep is surprisingly strong given how little we've seen her. She's just so... perfect.
DeleteI can see Mattel sharing a small handful of facemolds among the dolls, like maybe 4 or 5 different molds. Though it makes one wonder why they didn't do that in the first place with the initial four. Either way, it's all a perspective thing. I can see how the shared mold could be a turnoff for some, but to me it really isn't a problem. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 80 when pretty much all dolls in a line shared the same mold but had different faceups. I don't know. Either way, I'm fine with them all sharing a mold, or using a small rotation of molds, or whatever. I actually really love the "moonface" thing they have going on. (Again, maybe that's an 80's kid thing.)
I agree 500% with Felicity... you do have truly beautiful eyes. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI also can't wait for those dolls. I'm still waiting for any of them to finally arrive in Quebec. It's getting a bit ridiculous. By now, the first 4 signature ones should already be available and yet, they're not. So frustrating. I need to get Raven, Briar and Madeline. Or I'll go mad... or, madder.
Coming from someone as sexy as you that's a huge compliment indeed ;)
DeleteIs the Justice chain in Canada? If it is I'm totally baffled why they haven't reached you yet. If not then it shouldn't be long, since the Justice exclusivity seems to be over.
No Justice here. All we have is Walmart, Toys R Us and Target.
DeleteIt shouldn't be long before they reach you in that case. You're not missing much with Justice, it's a stupid little store focused on tweens. All pink and sparkles. (I bet Draculaura *loves* it!) I feel like a weirdo every time I go in there to buy dolls.
DeleteAh... Draculaura... fell out of love with her a long time ago. She's way too much into pink... and glitter and everything like that. it's nauseating. I'm surprised she not friends with the Little Poneys, he he ;-)
DeleteLol :)
DeleteBTW... I agree about Hunter. He does > ALL the mansters of MH, no doubt about it. If and when the EAH dolls ever get here, I'm gonna do something special with him.
ReplyDeleteOoh cool, can't wait to see what you have in mind! And yeah, compared to Hunter all the MH guys seem like preening wimps lol
Delete