I figured this would lead to unexpected -- and perhaps unwanted -- results, but seeing as this was my first time I reasoned some experimentation would only enhance the learning experience. (Ahem.) Once I poured the boiled water over her head it was time for the brief warm water soak. Considering the Cirque-like contortions she had to put her body through for this portion, Skelita took it in stride...
Next came the ice water rinse. This was much simpler for our skeletal girl.
Uh, the ice water. This was the only pic I took of this part.
Then the wait. She patiently sat on her little white washcloth for 26 hours.
Once I had the pins out I gazed upon a brand new girl. She had the fat rolls surrounding her head, although they weren't as structured as I had originally planned on. I gently combed it out, did a little styling with my fingers and, well, see for yourself...
All things considered I'm really happy with it! It's not perfect, but it's not bad, either. I feel it has enough structure to make it look "put together", but a bit of messiness to give it a pleasingly (to me) carefree vibe. It's also much thicker and silkier than it was before.
What say you? Am I too close to the experiment to judge it properly? Or does it work?
















She looks awesome Jonh, you should do more of these posts on Voicething as well!
ReplyDeleteI still have to catch up on your reviews, I'm so busy with school!
Thank you so much, Dailey! :D I try to keep Voicething on topic with reviews and the character spotlights and stuff, and behind the scenes things like these boil perms and stuff off the main blog. I guess I feel like the readers wouldn't be as interested in this stuff, but maybe they would. Hmm...
Delete