Thursday, March 7, 2013

Finally, a sport I can get into!



If more sports involved getting oiled up and sticking your hands down each other's pants I'd be a much more athletic man. Much more (including pics and a video) here. Pretty amazing that this is an actual thing. Turkish Oil Wrestling, you have a fan in me.

24 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to say 'Ermahgerd HAWT!' or 'Ooh Lala!'
    *blushes*

    BTW, I found you on twitter. Maybe you're shy, but you should totally post more pics of yourself. Know why? Because you're cute. ;D
    Yeah, I know you don't swing my way, but there's no harm in a bit of self-advertising. Am I right? XP



    (hahaha... I can't believe I wrote this)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well thank you! Yeah, I'm pretty shy in a lot of ways. I'm definitely more comfortable advertising my thoughts on dolls than myself lol!

      As for this whole Turkish Oil Wrestling thing -- yes, it's very much ERMAHGERD!!

      Delete
    2. I was talking about this picture, by the way. At least, I *hope* that's you. Is it?

      Delete
    3. Yep, that's me! That's my original, non-Voicething Twitter account that I don't use anymore. I opened that account around the time M's last album was just coming out so the bulk of those tweets are me fanboying out about her lol. I'm glad you like that pic, although that was just me and a friend acting stupid lol. I threw on her sunglasses and she snapped the pic. You can see actually see me better here:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/siggy79/8765888337/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/siggy79/8765888365/in/photostream/

      Delete
    4. :( Aww. Oh well, at least you have these blogs + MHD + Flickr.
      You shocked me a bit with those pics - I was browsing flickr & went to the homepage and BOOM! There you are. Totally wasn't expecting that.
      You should grow your hair out a bit, IMO. You look nice with it in that pic I linked to. But whatever, it's your hair.
      I'm quite reserved about putting pics of myself online (I don't use FB), and I only use that pic of myself on flickr because I think I look pretty in it. *is painfully shy*

      Delete
    5. I uploaded those real quick to show here. I figured you'd see them on Flickr too, but I guess I'm a completist or something lol. I occasionally grow my hair out and do the sidepart like in that Twitter pic, but generally prefer it shorter. Most people seem to like it longer which surprises me. Anyway, I feel weird talking about myself so I'll move on lol.
      You look smashing in your pic! I'm sure you drive the boys crazy! :)

      Delete
    6. Aww... You mean you're gonna delete them? :(

      Oh, I *wish* I was a guy-magnet. In my dreams. Hahaha
      My shyness & insecurity is probably a turn-off.

      Delete
    7. I dunno, maybe. It feels weird I guess.
      Plenty of guys are into the shy type. I'm sure they like you much more than you think.

      Delete
    8. Yeah, but I'm a recluse. I did sort of have a boyfriend in high school. We started out as classmates, then friends, then we got together. Big mistake.
      I had a crush on him for ages & when the time came for our (and my) 'first kiss', I couldn't do it. I was *so* nervous & worried that I'd be bad. He dumped me a week later. :(
      I was heartbroken.
      I think I was a bit too clingy & jealous. And now I'm afraid to trust people. Never been in a relationship since.
      I know that's sad, but it's the cold truth.

      Delete
    9. Well, he sounds like a jerk so you probably dodged a bullet there. In my experience, relationships take practice. In my first few relationships I was nervous and clingy, too. I think that's pretty natural in a person's first romances. It just takes time. I'm a scorpio, we're renowned for jealousy. It's definitely something I've had to deal with in past relationships, and it's a terrible feeling. After being heartbroken it can be nearly impossible to put yourself back out there, especially when you're a naturally shy person anyway. I wish I had advice to give you on how to do that, but I'm pretty shy and have a hard time with that myself. But eventually the one will come along who gets your shyness and understands and is non-judgemental of you. That's the kind of guy you'd want anyway, not someone who wants to change you or isn't accepting of you and who you are.

      Delete
    10. Aww, thank you.
      I don't know if you only saw my profile icon, but here's the full pic;
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/listie/8654550334/in/set-72157633258574598
      (that's my older sister sitting next to me.) My eyes look a little bloodshot, but I must have been a bit tired there - probably 'cause I was too excited to sleep. hahaha

      Delete
    11. Yeah right, we all know those bloodshot eyes are from boozing it up the night before! ;) Seriously though, I would've been too excited to sleep too! You and your sister definitely favor each other!

      Delete
    12. Umm... I don't drink. *awkward*

      What do you mean by 'favor each other'? Do you mean there's a resemblance?

      Delete
    13. Hehe I was just giving you a hard time ;)
      Yeah, you and your sister look a lot alike!

      Delete
    14. You tease. hehehe
      Actually, when referring to getting drunk, I like the term 'getting sloshed'.
      No idea why, I just think it's a funny word. lol

      Delete
    15. It is a funny word. I also like saying "getting blitzed", which is exactly what I did this weekend! ;)

      Delete
    16. Here's a picture of me looking silly in some shades;
      Link
      Now we're even. lol

      Delete
    17. And now I changed it to my G+ profile pic. lol

      Delete
  2. 20 minutes later & I'm still laughing my ass off.
    Not at you, at myself. XD I can't believe I typed that out & posted it.
    *calms down*


    Cool tat on your wrist. Is it a swallow bird? Got any others?
    You should write about it/them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol no worries! :) Yep, it's a Swallow! Good eye! I have three others -- a scorpion on my right arm (because I'm a Scorpio), my initials in Old English lettering on my right shoulder blade, and a clover on my lower back.

      Delete
    2. Cool. You're pretty brave to get those. I'm too chicken to get any lol.
      I saw your comment on voicething about Gigi being special for you because you're a Scorpio (my younger sister is, too. She's a Halloween baby). I'm a Gemini.
      Any particular reason for the clover? Got some Irish ancestry?

      Delete
    3. We Scorpios have bad reps -- totally unfair! Then again, I'm sure your sister can drive you pretty damn crazy, eh? :)

      The clover tat was actually a friend's idea. We decided to get matching tats, and I told her she could pick what we got (as long as I agreed lol). So she picked the clover and I thought it looked pretty cool (it's a four leaf so we were going for a luck theme). It's the only tat I have that's in color, all the others are solid black.

      Delete
  3. More pics of Turkish Oil Wrestling
    Some of them are from the BuzzFeed article, but there's others that you may not have seen before. :)
    Seems to get a lot of flack from westerners for being homoerotic, but whatever, it's a cultural thing.
    Hot guys parading around shirtless & smothered in oil? Sexy as fuck.

    ReplyDelete