I had a request over at the main blog for scans of Raven's booklet. I don't really want to post the scans over there though since I've already posted a teaser for the review there, plus the actual review is about ready so it'll be posted before long. A third post focusing on Raven seems a bit much. Plus I always say The Sequel is where the bonus doll stuff goes for you guys who are extra super cool and read this blog too. And I think Raven's booklet definitely qualifies as (fantastic) bonus material. Check it out...
In the meantime, since I've got all the pictures taken and edited for Raven's review here's a little preview of that as well...














I like that first picture of Raven. She looks beautiful. I love how the purple & green play off each other, and make her pale skin stand out. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Felicity! She's a really beautiful doll so it wasn't too hard to capture it on camera! I feel like there's a sort of woodsy feel to the pics, like Raven is walking through the forest in a fairy tale.
DeleteForgot to ask, can you put those pics on flickr? I *really* love the outdoor ones. ;D
DeleteI'm planning on posting them over there but I'm going to wait until I have the review posted over at the main blog. I'm definitely going to share them beyond just the The Sequel.
DeleteOkay, so I just read Raven's diary entry. Thanks for uploading it, btw.
ReplyDeleteShe seems like a really great character. I can't wait to read up on the others.
I had a feeling I was right about the Grimm brothers. The headmaster seemed too uppity & traditionalist to me. He reminds me of certain people in the real world who oppose change & individuality in favour of traditions & uniformity. I guess you could say they're a bit like the pious conservative and the quirky liberal.
I hope that makes sense. :)
Her booklet really turned me into a Raven fan. I liked her before but reading the booklet really opened me up to her. She's really interesting -- love her backstory!
DeleteI can see where you're coming from about the Grimm brothers. I think the Headmaster has ulterior motives for wanting to continue the traditions, that we don't know about yet. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.
Yes! That's exactly what I meant!
DeleteIt's like he wants to continue the tradition of following in your parents footsteps, and he's terrified of the thought of a villain turned good.
Mega douche.
Well, who knows, maybe he has reasons? They've been shading many of the characters with grey so maybe he will be, too? Well, probably not -- but I think that'd be pretty cool to see.
DeleteNo. He's a douche bag, through and through. I know it & you know it.
DeleteI rest my case. >:-(
Lol very well then! ;)
DeleteThanks for the scans :D
ReplyDeleteSad about how Raven could do good magic once and now can't.
Seems that not only Dexter has a crush on Raven, but also a goblin and a ogre. Poor girl, a goblin and a ogre staring at her must be so weird.
And so funny Madam Yagga's office. Also I like how Raven likes Music, though I must say shouldn't all of them have music lessons, like doesn't the villains have musical numbers too? Some even have better than the heroes. But nevermind it isn't Disney.
But Apple saying she will have a musical act in her wedding, seems their story will be kind of a Disney movie :)
You're very welcome :) I liked her interactions with the goblins. I think it's cool how she occasionally loses her temper and kind of goes off. It reminds me of her mother. Hmm... ;)
DeleteEven though they can't specifically say it, I think Mattel is drawing from several versions of the fairy tales to inform the EAH story. So I'm sure there's some Disney influence in there, among others!