Saturday, April 27, 2013

1987 called, it said Shana's awesome!

In anticipation of, and excitement for, the soon to be released Integrity Roxy doll, I've taken to eBay (a dangerous place for me), and have started ordering some of the vintage Jem dolls. One of the first to arrive was Shana. She came nude, but in excellent condition. Check her out modelling (some of) Clash's outfit...


Work that pose, Shana!



Her faceup is in perfect condition -- you'd think this doll came out yesterday, as opposed to her actual release year of 1987! Her beautiful frosted lavender eyeshadow perfectly compliments her reddish-brown eyes. Her eyebrows are a light orange-brown shade while her lips are a glossy fuchsia. None of her face paint is missing or faded. In fact, her eyes still have a glistening look to them, that's how shiny the paint still is! And of course who doesn't love the "outrageous" little jags of eyeshadow under the eyes? Glamour and glitter, indeed!





Her hair is in very good, not excellent, condition. It's a little frizzy, but the actual curls are all still there and holding their shape quite well! They're really more like long tendrils. The color has held on after all these years; it's still that brassy lavender shade I remember from my childhood! And check out that widow's peak! Aside from a little de-frizzing, Shana's hair won't need much work at all.





Like I said earlier, she came nude so I'm going to have to do some hunting for her outfit. This is a second year Shana (she has the earring holes), and if I'm gonna be a purist about it the second year outfit is the one I should get. But I love the first year Shana outfit so much more! Purity be damned -- I'm getting the first year clothes! I won't go into detail on the Clash outfit she's modelling; I'll cover that when I discuss the actual Clash doll. Yep, Clash has made her way to me as well! Actually, I hope you like Jem because she's going to be getting a lot of coverage here at The Sequel over the next few months. Ah, fashion and fame...




Music has been -- duh -- Jem and The Holograms!


Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment