Thursday, February 13, 2014

Melissa

Showing some Pullip love today! This is Melissa, wearing a dress and stockings she borrowed from Tangkou and her own corset and boots. You can check out Melissa in her stock outfit — think fetish cop kink — here. My favorite thing about her is those long, lush, sandy blond ringlets. They’re prone to frizz but this girl’s so pretty I don’t even care. This is my favorite Pullip body type; it’s much more natural looking than the earlier ones and not nearly as fussy to pose. Her eyes are a pure, bold blue, but the tone is so deep it can be hard to catch in photographs. Ditto her shimmering, silver-grey eyeshadow. Most Pullips have a heavy fantasy influence to them — wild hair colors, rainbow eyes, etc. What drew me to Melissa was how natural she looked. A true beauty.











8 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful, Melissa has always been my favorite of all Pullips! I just love her amazing hairdo and sexy cop outfit. ;b Melissa looks awesome in that outfit, also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Weronika! I agree, she's just so stunning with that long blond hair and deep blue eyes. And her stock outfit is so detailed and indeed sexy. (There's leather-look mini-hotpants under her skirt, her bra has red lace accents, and then of course there's the corset and boots.) She even comes with a holster and gun, and a red, lacy garter. Muy caliente!

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, she has underwear under her stock outfit? Omg, I need to get her!

      Delete
    3. Oh yes! Lots and lots of wonderful little details included in Melissa's stock outfit! It's very detailed but also requires gentle hands, as some of the pieces are very fragile and show wear very early on. Example: the "buttons" on her corset (aka stickers) pop off ridiculously easily. But as long as you're careful you should be good to go!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is so cool! The Pullip body is perfect for clothes with dramatic curves and footwear that will tolerate a lot of bulk! I'm expecting a J-doll with the same body and now I know who will wear all the corsets I'll sew...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BK! Didn't know you were a Pullip fan! I love J-doll, too! Really, I have a terrible weakness for most of the Japanese doll lines. I'd love to get a Momoko or two but those prices, yikes. Way out of budget for me right now. But wow do I love those fashions and hairstyles! Can't wait to see your corseted J-doll, I'm sure she'll look oh-so-chic and sexy in it. At the moment, my favorite J-doll is Piazza Cavalli. I love her hairstyle and color, and that outfit -- wow! Love that it has an eclectic street fashion look to it (a bit punk-inspired, no?), but with smart nods to her Italian theme.

      Delete
    2. No, I'm not a Pullip fan (they are nice, but not get-them-with-international-shipping nice), it's the clothes swapping possibilities with the j-doll I'm excited about! Imagine how many sewing patterns there must be for them. Out of the j-dolls with the new body, my favourites are Unter den Linden, Via Appia and Andrassy (all wayyyy out of my price range). As much as I like artfully designed dolls with very specific outfits (both Picasso street dolls come to mind), a doll like Piazza Cavalli is meant for looking at it, not the crazy outfit mixing and matching that happens in my house. I'm getting Lavalle, by the way. Like your Melissa, both the doll and the outfit are versatile and I don't have to worry about keeping to a specific theme.

      Delete
    3. Ohh, Lavelle is a beauty! So exciting for you BK! And yes, the price is just... oy, you really gotta weigh your potions, and look at what other dolls you're wanting, and try to find a way to make it fit into the budget while not overlooking other dolls you may want. But hey, doll collector problems, right? ;)

      Delete