Wednesday, January 22, 2014

And the award for Best New Star goes to...

Viperine Gorgon!


It was a close competition but several things contributed to Viperine's deserved win...

Two words: taupe eyeshadow.


She has striking gorgon eyes that are so beguiling I'm still having trouble making out what exactly is going on in her irises. What I can tell you is that it's a wonderful touch. They leave me intrigued. (Seriously though, if someone knows what that spotted design in her eyes is supposed to be please fill me in.)


Attitude in spades. Those sharp eyes give Jinafire a run for her money!


Two-toned diamond scales (?) on her forehead. 


Moxie. Viperine effortlessly owns this 70's peasant-meets-cosmic-space-flowers ensemble. And is that paisley I see?



Flowing, middle-parted locks of pure white and frosted pink. So retro, so free. This girl knows how to catch a vibe.

Poise for days.


Her snakes perfectly accentuate her groovy vibe without being overbearing.

She takes what could've easily been a messy, garish look and turns it into a tastefully rendered exercise in restraint... but with just the right amount of funk to keep it interesting.


If there's one faux pas here, it's her decision to wear solid colored boots. Those little white fangs on the front are nice but not nearly enough to elevate these to "MH Instant Classic" status. Those molded laces should've been black, or even blue.

But no mattter. Viperine Gorgon, you are the Best New Star! Not since Scaris Jinafire have I loved a new character doll so much. Congratulations!

4 comments:

  1. At first I wasn't sure if I liked her but she's growing on me! Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire :) She's a fab ghoul! I'll be posting more pics of her (in a different outfit and wearing glasses) on the main blog in just a bit, you should definitely check them out!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! So it was a close call between her and Honey for you too. I can't wait to find out wich one is my favorite between them :D Viperine's face is very striking but so is Honey's... I'll just have to wait impatiently to gaze at them in person, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was *very* close! But Viperine's eyes... they're so bold and striking. And Honey's eyes are fierce and striking too, but they don't have that tinge of danger that Viperine's have, if that makes any sense. And then all the little details... the diamonds on the forehead, the way her snakes perfectly cradle her flowing hair, it just all works so perfectly. So I gave the edge to Viperine. A lot of people swear by Honey though, so she may just be the #1 for you. It's a win-win really though. They're both stun-gorge beyond belief ;)

      Delete