Thought I'd try something a little different today, namely black and white photographs!
Catty's distinct look, especially her multi-textured outfit and dramatic skin tone, seemed perfect for black and white.
Catty's outrageous makeup and camp outfit pair with the swooshing stars backdrop and stark color tone of the pic
to give this a strong Studio 54 vibe, in my opinion.
A true diva needs big hair. Obviously Catty has that covered!
Again, this looks very retro-glam to me. Not so much the outfit as the makeup and background.
Give it all you got, Catty! The stage is yours!
So, so fierce. I wouldn't cross this cat diva.
Now she just needs Warhol to screen print and duplicate this in bold colors.
Speaking of bold colors, would you like to see these pics (plus several more) in full color?
First, a quickie interview with the superstar.
Even in color there's something a bit Studio 54 about this.
Catty's hair is ridiculously long and thick!
The girl cat can strike a pose effortlessly.
Her boots aren't as cool as the promo ones looked. These aren't as metallic looking.
But they're still a little harder and more reflective than other MH boots.
She really is so OTT in her look and color scheme that I can't help but love her!
Her box is cool, too! Hopefully I'll go further into that soon!
Til next time!

























so is this your catty... i thought she wasn't avail until 9-13 ?!?
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, I got her at Wal-Mart and had actually stopped there to look for the GNO 4-pack but they didn't have it. This was around 11:30 at night and they were stocking the shelves while I was there. An employee had just opened a case of Cattys and was putting her on the shelf. I said something like "Oh cool, I don't have that one yet!" or something, and he asked me if I wanted the shipping carton too. I thought he was joking around (I was acting pretty silly in my excitement of finding Catty), so I just kind of laughed. But he said that usually when people catch him putting out new MH dolls they'll buy them all and ask for the shipping carton too, and that was why he asked me if I wanted it. So I explained to him about scalpers and how they charge a lot for brand new dolls on eBay. He was like "Oh, so that's why they buy so many!" He didn't know about scalpers. So I guess that confirms my local Wal-Mart has scalping activity, and explains why it always takes so long to get my hands on new stuff there! God scalpers suck! Seriously, if any scalpers are reading this right now, just know I hate you and I hope bad things happen to you. Yeah, I went there.
DeleteWow, I just went into a major rant and didn't even mean to! Yep, this is my Catty, Ricky! I guess some stores are going ahead and putting her out instead of waiting until the 13th. IIRC, this happened with the special edition of SS Frankie as well. As for Catty, she's even more awesome than she looks in pics. Her hair is *so* thick and lush, and her face is really interesting; very striking. I even love her outfit. Based on pics I was pretty meh about it but in person it definitely works. Her shiny red microphone is a great touch; she has a special hand mold just so she can hold it correctly. In general she feels "special"; just a little nicer than the typical MH doll.
i will definitely be picking her up !! DEATH TO SCALPERS !!
ReplyDeleteMm-hmm! *nods head*
DeleteSorry for spamming your blog with all my replies so close together, but I just had to go back to this older post of Catty so I can scream: I found Catty, woohoo! XD
ReplyDeleteI definetely agree that she looks awesome in person! She's also the first doll that I have decided I will leave in the box, because the box is so awesome too! And I figured she will probably get a second doll version at some point, I can get the next one to unpack.
And I also finally got Catrine and oh my, she is perfection. Or should I say, purrfection ;) Now that I have all the current werecats, I can proudly agree with one of your earlier statements: bring on more werecats!
Woo-hoo! Congrats! She really is a great doll. So great I'm amazed you're able to keep her boxed! I tore right into that box (carefully, gotta save for scans!) as soon as I got home! Catrine is so beautiful. Those eyes! Glad we're on the same page about the werecats -- they never, ever disappoint.
DeleteIndeed they do not. If Mattel decides to release more I will be pleased if they are even half as great as the current ones :) And though Catrine is not particular 'original' with her monster heritage and color palette, she is nothing less then Jinafire and Skelita!
DeleteI hope I can resist the urge to unpack this Catty! I really do love the packaging, but I'm already thinking of cool ways on how I would display her if I did get her out. (I was thinking of putting her on a stand from the Color Me Creepy dolls, because that looks like a stage, and then put a batterie light under it, it looks really cool picturing it!)
I was tempted before with Polter Ghoul, to keep her in the box because she looked awesome in package. But I already had plans redressing her before even buying her, so that didn't work out XD I also knew that if I did keep her in the box, I'd have the get the rest of the Power Ghouls too. With Catty, I don't have to worry about that since she is the only one in her line, or ehm, release. It's not a line if it's just one doll, haha! If I ever do get a hold of Webarella though, she'll stay in the box too!
Wow, "staging" Catty that way sounds really awesome! But I don't want to be an enabler so I'll just, uh, leave it at that. (But it sounds so awesome -- can you imagine!?) Speaking of the CMC sets, what do you think of them? I've managed to avoid buying anything CMC (gotta save some $ somehow now that I'm getting into the mansters), so I don't know what the word is on them.
DeleteOh gosh, keeping Polterghoul boxed also would've meant missing out on her wicked comic book! Best of the line imo. I kind of think of Catty as an offshoot of the GNO line, but not a GNO doll proper. So I agree with your "stretched" logic on that one ;)
Ikr? I'm so tempted XD I will probably stage HtC Frankie and GR Cleo like that, just so I can get it out of my head. And if it really is as cool as I think, then maybe I will get Catty out of that darn cool box! Haha!
DeleteI really love the CaM dolls in general, and the CMC dolls are no exception. I don't mix and match or use the color change feature, I just put them up as 'normal' dolls and try to forget they even have a feature, wich is working for me :D I think the CaM and CMC all have gorgeous facemolds and interesting face-ups, though the CMC ones do re-use the Seamonster, Werewolf and Vampire molds. I really like re-styling them fashion wise (I don't really like the outfits included but a few are really great) and come up with names and backstories. But, my CMC Seamonster's wig is too big. If I put it on her head it won't stay on, it just falls off her head, and I had to rubberband it down. I haven't seen pictures of other people who have this problem, and the Werewolf wig is a perfect fit so it could just be mine. I'm thinking of asking this on the MHD forum if anybody else has this problem, if it is just mine then I can contact Mattel for a replacement wig or something. All in all, if you like or love the previous CaM's I recommend them. If you don't, then you'll be safe skipping them. If you do decide to get them, then make sure to inspect their face ups before making a purchase. I have seen alot with horrible wonk eyes and it can be a challenge to find decent or good face-ups on these particular dolls, especially the one with the design chamber.
I've liked a lot of the CAM molds and faceups, as well. Especially the Bee Girl -- so foxy! ;) It sounds like it's probably best I continue avoiding the CMC dolls, they sound pretty great. But I'd want to try out the color feature, I'd be too curious not to. The whole setup reminds me a lot of the Color Magic Barbies from the 60's. They were some of the more unique Barbies from the vintage era -- love them! It sucks to hear there's still problems with the wigs -- you'd think Mattel would have that worked out by now. :-/
Delete