-- For two weeks now I've been filling in for two coworkers on vacation. Busy and frazzled = John.
-- I'm genuinely sorry I haven't updated the blogs with anything. I know you guys have been wondering what the deal is and, as is usually the case, it all comes down to boring "real life" stuff.
-- It's probably going to be another week before anything happens.
-- But take heart! I'm itching to do some writin' (and rightin') and can't wait to get back in that saddle and ride like nobody's business. (Wow that sounded dirty.)
-- In non-apology news, earlier tonight a friend and I watched Stoker. Great movie, highly recommended!
-- Earlier earlier tonight, the Epix premiere of Madonna's MDNA Tour happened. I saw this show live twice last year and it was mindblowing. The Epix show doesn't quite capture the magic of the real thing, but it's more than worthy nonetheless.
-- You younger folks can keep this mess...
-- I'm sticking with the real deal...
---- Booya.
-- I leave you with a modern torch song. Beautiful...




You should ask your boss for a raise. *So* not cool covering for your coworkers.
ReplyDeleteNew MH dolls have been hitting the shelves in the US, so I guess you'll be in full swing soon. :D
Well I'm always up for a raise! Bring it on, I say! Although to be fair when I was on vacation they had to cover for me so I guess it evens out in the end. Still sucks though.
DeleteYeah, but you weren't gone for two fuckin' weeks. :-(
DeleteThat's true but I still have some vacation time left for this year, so if I were to use it, it would be pretty even with their time. I'm thinking about just cashing it out though rather than taking the actual time off.
DeleteIs it just me, or does that chick in the first image look like Kate Winslet?
ReplyDeleteHmm, yeah I can kinda see that. Dod you see Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland from a couple years ago? She's the same actress who played Alice in that. I thought she was just okay in AIW, but she really shines in Stoker.
DeleteMia Wasikowska? Holy shit! No way!
DeleteShe looks *so* different!
Yes, I've seen Burton's AiW, didn't care fot it, though. I commented on one of your pics on Flickr, as I recognised Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter.
BTW, I don't know when the last time was when you logged in to your Flickr account, but there's a shitload of mail from me. Sorry about that. Forgive me? lol
Hey no worries! I haven't logged on to Flickr in forever but when I do I'll hit you back.
DeleteI missed the MDNA Tour, so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to watch the Epix stream. And in seeing the show in full, I came to appreciate her rendition of "Like A Virgin." I wasn't crazy about the audio editing; it sounded like the music was toned down and her voice was turned up. I would prefer it the other way around, because I wanted to feel compelled to get up and dance. The "Vogue – Human Nature – Candy Shop – Erotica" segment was so old-school Madonna... I absolutely loved it!
ReplyDeleteAwww... getting catty with Gaga? ;) I stay out of that one... I believe there's room for both!
It really is a great performance, just M, the music, and a stage. That's all she needs really. :) She was especially dirty for this filmed performance, "Pussy...", "If you're gonna look up the crack of my ass..", etc. Loved it! I love this version of Candy Shop, kinda sexy and mellow, and the Erotica parts are fantastic, the energy really kicks into gear there. And totally agreed -- so old-school M!
DeleteI honestly think Gaga's fine. She's just no M -- and desperately wants to be. Imo, of course. Lol :)